Hamworthy Purewell Boiler:Transformation from low to high efficiency with Burnertech technology
Several years ago, Burnertech were asked to look at an improvement, from the existing atmospheric Purewell design (Figure 1). The original design was sent to the design lab at Burnertech.
We started a bespoke burner design for the boiler provided to us. The key parameters that guided our design were:
- I. Remove the existing atmospheric gas burner and replace it with a premix burner
- ii. Keep the physical footprint the same
- iii. Improve the performance of the Boiler on efficiency
- iv. Improve the NOx and CO performance
- v. keep the price competitive.
With this new design, we have successfully transformed the existing Purewell low efficiency atmospheric boiler to a low NOx, fully premixed, modulating, condensing and high efficiency boiler that the Variheat is today.
As of now (November 2017), we have provided for our customer over 9,000 units of the Variheat premix burners.